This help page is for library patrons using technology available from the
College Hill and Irving Street Libraries.
COMMON ACCESS PROBLEMS
Your barcode is not recognized:
- You must be a City of Westminster Resident or Front Range Community College (FRCC) Westminster Campus Student, Staff, or Faculty member with a valid library card to use the online resources. **Patrons not residing within the City of Westminster or affiliated with FRCC should contact their city or county library for information about access to these types of databases.
- Your library card number is 14 digits long. Be sure to enter all of the digits in the correct order. It begins with 2302. FRCC students cannot log in with an S#. Students need a Wolf Card that's been activated at the library.
- Be sure to enter the library card number WITHOUT spaces.
- Library cards do expire. Call the library with your barcode during business hours and (in most cases) we can renew your card over the phone.
Your PIN is not working or you don't know it:
- Your PIN number is a four digit number. It can be one that you assigned or it can be the last 4 digits of your phone number.
- If your PIN is not working, you probably changed it to be something other than your phone number, or you changed your phone number and the library did not change your PIN. Call the library with your barcode during business hours and we will tell you what PIN is on file. You will NOT be able to access the databases or place holds until your PIN matches what the library has in your patron record.
Back to top
Page Does Not Display
All remote library services are briefly unavailable for weekly maintenance between 9-10 p.m. on Thursday nights. This includes access to the catalog, databases, online and phone renewals and the downloadable website. If you are attempting access during this time, please stop and try again later.
You must be a City of Westminster Resident or Front Range Community College (FRCC) Westminster Campus Student, Staff, or Faculty member with a valid library card to use the online resources. **Patrons not residing within the City of Westminster or affiliated with FRCC should contact their city or county library for information about access to these types of databases.
Back to top
Database Displays Username/Password Login Box
There are several reasons this might be happening:
Cookies are not fully enabled
By default, most browsers comes with cookies enabled at a setting of "MEDIUM". At medium, some of the library's online databases may work, but others will prompt you to enter a Username and Password. If you receive such a prompt, first try changing your cookies settings to allow all cookies.
Cookies need to be deleted to clear session
In order to move between databases it is sometimes necessary to delete the current session cookie. You might need to delete cookies if you've used the browser back arrow to navigate instead of the database navigation, or it the current cookie session has expired. Please refer to the manage cookies section above to learn how to delete cookies.
Manage cookies in IE8
Manage cookies in IE9
Manage cookies in IE10
Manage cookies in Firefox
Manage cookies in Chrome
Manage cookies in Safari (OSX)
Anti-virus and/or Firewall software is blocking cookies
If you have set the cookies properly through the browser and still get a Username/Password prompt when trying to access the databases you may need to check the settings of the anti-virus program (ex: McAfee, Norton, AVG, Microsoft Security Essentials) installed on your computer.
Computer clock or time zone is wrong
First check the time and time zone on your computer. The time is show in the bottom right-hand corner of the monitor. This is especially critical during the change to and fromDaylight Savings Time. To adjust the settings, double click on the time and wait until the Date/Time Properties window opens.
On the "Date & Time" tab, check that your computer has the correct date and time. Be sure that am or pm is also correct.
On the "Time Zone" tab, check to be sure that "Mountain Time (US and Canada) is showing in the drop down window.
Back to top