LOCAL COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- A list of Resources for Those In Need created by Library staff (November 2011)
Download and print this resource document
- Adams County Human Services
- FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency)
Emergency Prepardness--Information about what to do before and after a disaster.
- Food Banks: Colorado
- Homeownership Assistance: Colorado
- Housing Assistance: City of Westminster
- Jefferson County Assistance
- Low-Income Energy Assistance Program: Colorado
- Victim Services: City of Westminster, Colorado
- Victim Resources: Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
- Chess Clubs Worldwide: Colorado
- City of Westminster Volunteer Opportunities
- Colorado Newcomers Club
- Denver Volunteer and Civic Groups
- Metro Volunteer Opportunities
- Westminster Area Toastmaster Groups
- Westminster Fraternal Organizations
- Westminster Open Space Volunteers
- Deaf MD.org
Health information in American Sign Language to the Deaf & Hard of Hearing population.
- OIC Movies - American Sign Language Deaf Videos
Free news and information in American Sign Language.
- Deaf Counseling Center
- Mental Health Center of Denver: Deaf Counseling
Counseling team that provides outpatient mental health care for deaf and hard of hearing children and adults in the Denver area.
- Rocky Mountain Deaf News
Video online news related to the deaf community in American Sign Language.
- City of Denver Deaf Access
City of Denver Sign Language resources.
- Rocky Mountain Deaf School
Bilingual charter school for deaf and hard of hearing students Pre-K through High School.
- Area Literacy Programs: Westminster Colorado
- Digital Literacy
Provides resources to help users obtain digital skills, including job searching, computer, Internet, and more. Some of the resources are for Idaho residents only but a lot of the resources can be used by anyone.
- Colorado State University Cooperative Extensive
Advice on gardening, high altitude baking, emergency preparedness, and more.
- Community Resources
- Global Denver
Provides information about ethnic and international communities and activities in metro Denver.
- Immigrant Resource Guide
List of organizations providing services for immigrants, including adult education, child care and education, employment, health, housing, legal assistance and immigration, taxes, and translation services.
- Audio Information Network of Colorado (AINC)
Provides free audio access to newspapers, magazines and other print materials to blind, visually impaired and print disabled Coloradoans of all ages.
- Colorado Talking Book Library
A free service to Coloradans of all ages who are unable to read standard print material due to visual, physical or learning disabilities whether permanent or temporary. CTBL provides audio, Braille and large-print books and magazines.
Community Bulletin Board
A listing of events happening in Colorado for the Colorado Talking Book Library Community.
Resources from the Colorado Talking Book website.
- Learning Ally
This organization works with leading publishers and technology innovators to bring accessible materials to individuals with visual and learning disabilities.
- Green Guide
Provides a comprehensive tool for you to live green, be green when you visit the City or do business in Westminster.
- City of Westminster Recycling Drop-Off Locations
This is a place where you can give unneeded items away or obtain items that other people are giving away for free.
- Colorado Hiking Trail Descriptions
- Hiking and Biking Trails: Westminster
- Hikes and Trails near Denver-Boulder-Greeley,
- Rocky Mountain National Park Hiking Guide
- Regional Transportation District (RTD)
Public bus system for Denver metro area.
- Adams County Election Department
- Jefferson County Elections
Return to Recommended Websites Home Page