Become a 2014 Teen Summer Reading Volunteer
@ Westminster Public Library
- Customer service volunteer position.
- Help children and teens sign up for the Summer Reading Program.
- Hand out prizes for Summer Reading Program.
- Enter statistics.
- Assist Youth Services staff in a variety of tasks as assigned.
- Volunteers must be 12 – 17 years old and able to work at least one 2-hour shift per week.
- Volunteers must be dependable, friendly, and like to work with younger children.
- Volunteers must be able to speak clearly and be able to talk easily with kids & adults.
- Volunteers must be able to work between June 2 to August 2.
|College Hill Library, Room L107
||Saturday, May 24, 1:30-2:30 pm
|College Hill LIbrary, Room L107
||Tuesday May 27, 6-7 pm
|Irving Street, Community Room
||Wednesday May 28, 6-7 pm
Registration Survey Instructions
- View the calendar to see available shifts (2 volunteers/shift) at Irving Street. (5/19/14 update: College Hill volunteer schedule is full- registration is closed). Orange time slots on the calendar are taken. Green time slots still available.
- On the survey below check "all" the possible shifts that you can volunteer, so we can negotiate your schedule.
- Then fill in your most desired shift preferences from all the shifts you checked in the previous step. (Do not ask for shifts that are already taken!)
Even if you indicate you are available more often, you will initially be scheduled for no more than two time shifts per week, one shift per day. More time shifts may become available after training and throughout the summer, at which time we will contact you to see if you are still available.
- Fill in any known absences due to vacation, etc., or other special
- Complete your contact information.
- You will be emailed within 1-3 days by library staff to negotiate and verify your volunteer schedule. Your schedule will not be final until you respond to this verfication email.